What does U.L. Certification mean to you? A greater peace of mind. You can rest assured your customer’s security emergencies are handled by experienced professionals. Using the most advanced technology, means your client’s home or business is protected 24 hours, every day, personally, and without delay. Our access restricted state-of-the-art facility has met and/or surpassed the stringent standards as determined by Underwriter Laboratories (U.L). Earning and maintaining the U.L. certification is not an easy or inexpensive undertaking for a company. Global Monitoring Solutions has chosen to be a U.L. Certified Central Station because it means superior service and greater peace of mind for our clients.
“WE CHOOSE TO BE U.L. CERTIFIED TO
EASE THE MINDS OF OUR DEALERS.”
The building housing the central station must meet rigid fire ratings as to building material, fire extinguishing ability, and emergency features. The building must be secure against intrusion, and include U.L. rated doors, locks, building materials and security systems.
- CENTRAL STATION OPERATIONS –
• Emergency response personnel must be available and “on-site” 24 hours, every day.
• Records tracking standards on equipment maintenance and staffing must be kept.
• Back-up communication methods to public service authorities must be in place.
- CENTRAL STATION EQUIPMENT STANDARDS –
• Alarm receiving equipment must have a redundancy (back-up) in case of equipment failure with 30-second switch over to ensure no “down time”.
• A generator must be in place that automatically takes overpowering of all central station equipment in case of A.C. power failure.
• Central Station must have an uninterrupted power supply that ensures constant filtered power to equipment and in effect is a fail safe of at least 4 hours back up to a generator.
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)The mission of the international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896, is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
NBFAA (National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association) recently changed its name to Electronic Security Association (ESA). Since 1948, the ESA has evolved into the largest US professional trade association representing and promoting professional development within the electronic life safety, security and integrated systems industry. Electronic Security Association (ESA)
Our partnerships with DICE, DMP, Alarmnet, Sur-Gard, IPDATATEL, ULTRASYNC, KEEPYOURIP.COM, BOSCH, UPLINK, C24, TELULAR
and many and others provide us flexibility to meet your needs. Leading-edge technology accompanied by the GMS team will result in a relationship of trust and comfort.